Re: Hydrogen Mass Repartitioning in NAMD

From: Brian Radak (brian.radak_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2018 - 09:00:04 CST

I might also add that I've also used ParmEd but with PSF format on the
solute only.

I've done a few benchmarks for energy conservation as well. If you want to
be more conservative, you can do a 1-2-4 RESPA multistep integrator
(bonded, nonbonded, full PME) with a 1 fs timestep. It's quite a bit slower
but the energy conservation is much better. Then again, I've heard
anecdotal reports that actual observables like PMFs don't show much
variance at all, just as reported in the JCTC paper for AMBER.

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 9:53 AM, Norman Geist <norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de