Re: Calculation of Diffusion coefficient

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 29 2018 - 10:43:27 CST

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 11:35 AM, Souvik Sinha <souvik.sinha893_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> Okay, I get that calculating diffusion coefficient may not be of much use
> in this context.
>
> Sorry, I didn't get what you meant by this: "How about you simply take the
> last part of the ABF simulation, where the biasing force doesn't change
> much due to convergence, and you assume a net total force of zero on the
> variable? "

That's for estimating the diffusion coefficient.

> If the PMF is converged, then certainly the net total force would be zero
> on my specified variable. Sorry, I didn't check the convergence till now
> which I can definitely do by plotting the PMF at the different time point
> and see whether it is converged or not.

I'd recommend doing that: permeation of a whole peptide across a bilayer is
a difficult computation.

> But if I wanna check the uncertainty of the calculated PMF, I need to have
> the system force trajectory file for the calculation of say, mean
> autocorrelation of force at the different regime of the RC [ J. Phys.
> Chem. B, 2015, 119 (3), pp 1129–1151 ]. So, is there any way I can get
> that now without re-running all the windows?

For estimating the uncertainty of the PMF (unrelated to the diffusion
coefficient), try recomputing forces, Colvars and ABF on the existing DCD
files through "coorfile" and "run 0". If the result is not acceptable to
you, you may have to run additional trajectories, starting from the latest
restarts.

Giacomo

--
Giacomo Fiorin