Re: Replica exchange simulation with GPU Accelaration

From: Souvik Sinha (souvik.sinha893_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 26 2018 - 13:02:56 CST

Ok. Now it shines some light. I have mentioned in my earlier post that I'm
not expecting much boost from gpu for replicas. I was just checking whether
the multiple walker scheme at all has the privilage of gpu usage. I get
that launching more processes over less number of gpus is completely
useless. Earlier, with multicore-CUDA binary , single process performance
has been greatly elevated with the use of 2 gpu.

Just one question: is it because of launching 4 replicas over 2 gpu that
completely abandoned the gpu cores to work at all? I mean if I launch 2
replicas over 2 cores, will it put the gpus to work? Obviously I can check
that myself and can get back to you. Thanks again.