Re: How to add a C code to NAMD properly?

From: yjcoshc (yjcoshc_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2018 - 19:44:25 CST

Hello Faramarz,

As far as I know, the aMD's dV is not collected to the colvars module.
Maybe you want to use your own histogram code and the dV to reweight the
trajectory on the fly. Actually I have tried to modify the NAMD's code
to make it working with the histogram in colvars:

1. Export dV from NAMD's TCL interface and implement a getaMDWeight TCL
command to get the dV in the NAMD configuration file every step;

2. Modify the histogram bias in colvars to make it accept the weight on
the fly (the weight can be set by calling cv bias histo1 reweight w);

3. Modify the NAMD configuration accordingly.

In this way I have to set stepspercycle to 1 and use a TCL loop with
"run 1" to reweight the histogram on the fly, so it's rather slow.

A faster way may be to collect the dV to colvars module through the C++
interface (NAMD's GlobalMaster) directly. The NAMD's code, however, are
rather undocumented and currently I don't work on it.

If you have some better ideas please let me know.

Thanks,

Haochuan Chen

在 2018/11/28 上午6:10, Faramarz Joodaki 写道: