Fwd: Sudden /\A drop in last FEP window

From: Francesco Pietra (chiendarret_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2018 - 23:44:06 CDT

Continuing the convergence check through forwd+back FEPs, I also obtained a
"probability" for the 0.0-0.2 sector nearly as good as for the 0.8-1.0
sector.

Surprisingly, the "probability" for the 0.2-0.4 sector (forwd and back
carried out with the same settings as for the other two sectors above, in
particular with alchVdWShiftCoeff = 6.0) was bad, with separate gaussian
throughout. I said 'surprisingly' as all suggestions are received, and
guidelines I was able to find, remark the 0.0-0.2 sector as the most
critical one. Really, contrary to such suggestions, in my case /\A
increases by 18 for the 0.0-0.2 sector, and by 39 for the 0.2-0.4 sector.

I would appreciate very much advice on this matter. Thanks

francesco