Re: QM/MM with Orca: Memory allocation failed

From: Gerard Rowe (GerardR_at_usca.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2018 - 10:55:53 CDT

I'm continuing to play with the QM/MM feature trying to get it to work correctly, and I found that I get the same memory allocation error when invoking mopac instead of orca. NAMD also exits with the same error message if launched with charmrun (I also built an MPI-enabled version that gave the same error, but I'm not certain I launched it correctly). The error persists with QMSimsPerNode=2 or if both QM regions are combined into one.

I'm working with a single, dual-socket node with 48 GB of memory. Has anyone experienced this issue before? The only reference to this particular error message I can find is from years ago when million atom MD simulations were literally running out of memory.

Thanks,

Gerard