Re: Question about the fundamentals of MD and WHAM

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2018 - 07:42:40 CDT

These fundamental questions are best covered by textbooks:
"Introduction to modern statistical mechanics" (David Chandler)
"Understanding Molecular Simulation: From Algorithms to Applications" (Daan
Frenkel and Berend Smit)
"Free Energy Calculations: Theory and Applications in Chemistry and Biology"
(Cristophe Chipot and Andrew Pohorille)
"Statistical Mechanics: Theory and Molecular Simulation" (Mark Tuckerman)

This is not a complete list, but should get you started. You should also
search the mailing list archives for this or other MD codes, because this
question is recurring.

--
Giacomo Fiorin
http://goo.gl/Q3TBQU