Re: dummyAtom in distance colvar in ABF calculations

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun May 13 2018 - 10:16:35 CDT

Hi Olga, the error message:
*colvars: Error: total total forces are not available from a dummy atom
group.*
should be self-explanatory.

You should set up the "distance" component such that the total force is not
computed from the dummy group:
https://colvars.github.io/colvars-refman-namd/colvars-refman-namd.html#sec:cvc_distance

--
Giacomo Fiorin