Re:

From: Brian Radak (brian.radak_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2018 - 07:58:36 CDT

I can't speak much to the specifics of OPLS/AA vs CGenFF in terms of
validation, nor can I say anything about a reviewer comment.

Maybe someone else has more experience here, but as I said before, I don't
know of any current automatic mechanism in NAMD to facilitate mixing and
matching CHARMM/OPLS due to the need for different Lennard-Jones mixing
rules. The only possible route that I can think of (and I have no idea if
this has ever been attempted before or is even recommendable), would be to
prepare a specialized PRM file that pre-mixes the parameters from
OPLS/CHARMM using NBFix statements (these pre-declare the pair parameters
and override the mixing behavior).

That's the most help I can provide.

Cheers,
BKR