Re: Simulating a Binding Event

From: Lutimba Stuart (lutimba.stuart_at_scilifelab.se)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2018 - 12:44:52 CST

Hej Alex,
I think to simulate the binding events of N-3-OXO-DODECANOYL-L-HOMOSERINE
LACTONE in your quorum sensing protein, you may concider the application of
Steered molecular dynamics *SMD of Targeted molecular dynamics to observe
the binding events as well as the free energy profiles from the simulation.
The link attached is a manual from NAMD that can held out.
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/#namd
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/namd/namd-tutorial-files/

Cheers
Lutimba Stuart