Re: Ion type in NAMD Implicit solvent model for ionizing the system

From: Chitrak Gupta (chgupta_at_mix.wvu.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2017 - 09:26:11 CDT

>From what I understand, salt concentration becomes irrelevant for implicit
solvent simulations, because implicit solvents assume infinite dilution.
Note that you don't have a periodic box. Even if you did have ions I am
guessing they would fly away as soon as you start the simulation. In my
understanding, this is one drawback of implicit solvent methods in that you
cannot choose an ionic strength.

Hope this helps,
Chitrak.