Re: calculate cumulative dG

From: Nehad Elsalamouny (nehade_at_uow.edu.au)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2017 - 19:20:09 CDT

    Thanks Brian.

    Nehad

On 31 Aug 2017, at 1:26 AM, Brian Radak <bradak_at_anl.gov<mailto:bradak_at_anl.gov>> wrote:

Can you not load an increasing number of files in sequence? For example if you have (sequential) files log1.feplog, log2.feplog, and log3.feplog, can you just not just run parseFEP as:

parseFEP log1.feplog
parseFEP log1.feplog log2.feplog
parseFEP log1.feplog log2.feplog log3.feplog

Again, I might be missing something significant about the way parseFEP works.

Agreement of forward and backward simulations is really only a negative test for convergence. That is, if they don't agree, then they are not converged. If they do agree, then there is no firm statement to be made about convergence. As a way to convince yourself of this, imagine that you ran a simulation with one step per lambda value in the forward and then reverse directions. Since the energy does not likely change much, the two sets of simulations would give nearly identical results, but are pretty clearly not converged.

Cheers,
Brian