Re: How to calculate free energy to unbias colvars restraint?

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2017 - 19:10:59 CDT

You could try free-energy perturbation, but the two states (restraint on /
restraint off) are probably quite different and convergence may be poor.
An option could be switching the force constant gradually:
http://colvars.github.io/colvars-refman-namd/colvars-
refman-namd.html#x1-770006.4.3
(Note the comment in the description.)

>From the technical point of view, you can always re-run the unbiased
trajectory through NAMD to evaluate the energy of Colvars or any additional
energy terms that weren't included originally.

Giacomo

--
Giacomo Fiorin
http://goo.gl/Q3TBQU