Simulating SDS molecules

From: Siddharth Girdhar (siddharth.gir47_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 30 2017 - 09:11:08 CDT

Hi All,

I am a highschool student who is trying to use NAMD for a research project
I am doing. I wanted to find the critical micelle concentration (CMC) of
Sodium Dodecyl Sulphate (SDS) in water by running a simulation on NAMD.

I have followed the tutorials for NAMD and have a basic understanding of
how it works. But most of it has been using proteins and I am unsure of how
to work with surfactants like SDS. I have tried looking online but I havent
found many resources for this.

If anyone could point me in the right direction on how I can possibly find
the CMC of SDS by running a simulation, that will be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Siddharth