Re: pKa calculation with thermodynamic integration (TI)

From: Sadegh Faramarzi Ganjabad (safaramarziganjabad_at_mix.wvu.edu)
Date: Wed May 10 2017 - 19:36:16 CDT

Josh,

Thanks for your detailed instructions. Correct me if I'm wrong, so all
terminal atoms of GLU disappear and new atoms appear at same positions but
with new partial charges (except the titratable hydrogen that vanishes
during the perturbation). Just few questions; 1) In the initial structure,
will CG and CG2, CD and CD2 , etc. positioned on top of each other having
same coordinates? 2) What is the best value for the harmonic constraint? I
saw 20 kcal/mol in two of papers you mentioned.

Thanks,
Sadegh