RE: Specify number of water molecules:simulation set up in VMD

From: Bennion, Brian (bennion1_at_llnl.gov)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2017 - 13:34:56 CST

Hello,

While this is a quite ambitious undertaking (lots of computer resources, large noise/error, lipid deformations), you need to make sure the numbers of lipids displaced by the protein is the same between the two end points.
The water is also a challenge as you have noticed. Maybe just expand the box in the z axis to add the water needed to replace the protein volume in the one endpoint.
Brian