Re: Questions on creating constraints in NAMD

From: Jérôme Hénin (jerome.henin_at_ibpc.fr)
Date: Tue Feb 21 2017 - 09:51:20 CST

Hi Randy,

You seem to have many moving restraints working at the same time. They are
evaluated in parallel over SMP, in no particular order - that explains the
messy output you get. The real problem here is that some of these messages
do not specify which restraint they come from. I assume you want to compute
a total free energy for all of those, in which case you are really
interested in the sum of the free energy derivatives, and it doesn't really
matter which one is which - still, I'm sure it will be better to have each
one properly identified.

That's an easy fix, I've just done it on our source repository:
https://github.com/colvars/colvars

Best,
Jerome