RE: regarding constant velocity steered molecular dynamics

From: Radak, Brian K (bradak_at_anl.gov)
Date: Wed Feb 08 2017 - 11:48:09 CST

Only the pulling velocity is constant - there are other (possibly stochastic) forces on your system that will result in decidedly not constant velocities being added to your pulling velocity.

That being said, there still could be something weird here. I also have no idea what freezing part of the system will do (I'm not sure this is the same thing as a constraint in NAMD, it depends on how the forces are handled and what the coordinates are).

Brian

Brian Radak
Postdoctoral Appointee
Leadership Computing Facility