RE: Compiling charm/NAMD with an alternative gcc, e.g. gcc 6.x

From: Radak, Brian K (bradak_at_anl.gov)
Date: Mon Feb 06 2017 - 11:27:58 CST

The smart-build.pl script is usually enough to recognize what compiler options are available to you. Try running that to generate (and execute) a charm++ configuration. Note that, by default, the script tends to steer you away from a multicore build, so you should be sure to answer the first question "Y", as opposed to the default "N". After that, most questions can probably just get the default response.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Radak
Postdoctoral Appointee