RE: Energy Gradient Plotting

From: Radak, Brian K (bradak_at_anl.gov)
Date: Wed Jan 18 2017 - 11:19:04 CST

The energy gradient (negative forces) are not printed to the log file. You can write a binary force file by using the forceDCDfile and forceDCDfreq keywords or else the output command with the "onlyforces" (see p 18 of the user guide, this is a somewhat hidden option).

I have no idea if grace can visualize those files since they are in binary format and I also don't know what exactly you are looking for.

The interpretation of the cell basis vectors depends on your box shape - the easiest (and probably most robust) way to determine these is to run a simulation at constant pressure until the force field chooses an equilibrium volume. Otherwise the burden is strictly on your method for building your system.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Radak
Postdoctoral Appointee