colvars/rmsd: Error: definition for atom group "atoms" not found.

From: Victor Kwan (vkwan8_at_uwo.ca)
Date: Sun Dec 03 2017 - 05:12:06 CST

Hi all,

I am trying to set rmsd constrain for one of my runs and for some reason
the colvars molecule can't find the definition for atom group "atoms". I
have manually set the B column of the atoms to be constrained to 1.0
manually.

Any ideas?

rmsd.conf:

colvarsTrajFrequency 2000
colvarsRestartFrequency 20000

colvar {
name r1

     width 0.1 #

     #lowerboundary
     #upperboundary

     #lowerwallconstant
     #upperwallconstant

     rmsd{
         atoms{
             atomsFile merged.pdb
             atomsCol B
             atomsColValue 1.0
         }
         refPositionsFile merged.pdb # same as input
         refPositionsCol B # XYZOB
         refPositionsColValue 1.0
     }
}

output:

colvars:
colvars: Initializing the collective variables module, version 2015-09-16.
colvars: Using NAMD interface, version 2015-07-24.
colvars:
colvars: Reading new configuration from file "rmsd.conf":
colvars: # indexFile = "" [default]
colvars: # analysis = off [default]
colvars: # colvarsTrajFrequency = 2000
colvars: # colvarsRestartFrequency = 20000
colvars: # colvarsTrajAppend = off [default]
colvars:
colvars:   Initializing a new collective variable.
colvars:   # name = r1
colvars:   Initializing a new "rmsd" component.
colvars:     # componentCoeff = 1 [default]
colvars:     # componentExp = 1 [default]
colvars:     # period = 0 [default]
colvars:     # wrapAround = 0 [default]
colvars: Error: definition for atom group "atoms" not found.
colvars: If this error message is unclear, try recompiling with
-DCOLVARS_DEBUG.
FATAL ERROR: Error in the collective variables module: exiting.

Thanks in advance,

VK