[NAMD] Too many collective variables?

From: The Cromicus Productions (thecromicusproductions_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2017 - 15:11:19 CDT

Hi everyone,

I'm running a simulation where I pull a molecule from 257 different places
simultaneously. So far I haven't had problems using 201 and 207 places,
but when I use 257 it seems like my code starts at 158:
colvars: Reading new configuration from file "separation.in":
colvars: # indexFile = "" [default]
colvars: # smp = on [default]
colvars: # analysis = off [default]
colvars: # colvarsTrajFrequency = 100 [default]
colvars: # colvarsRestartFrequency = 100000 [default]
colvars: # colvarsTrajAppend = off [default]
colvars: # scriptedColvarForces = off [default]
colvars: # scriptingAfterBiases = on [default]
colvars:
colvars: Initializing a new collective variable.
colvars: # name = "d158"
..
colvars:
colvars: Collective variables initialized, 103 in total.
colvars:
colvars: Initializing a new "harmonic" instance.
colvars: # name = "harmonic1" [default]
colvars: # colvars = { d1 }
colvars: Error: cannot find a colvar named "d1".
FATAL ERROR: Error in the collective variables module: exiting.

Is there a maximum for the number of collective variables? Any idea of how
can I avoid this problem or why could it have happened?

Thanks!