Re: Error on Settle.C when compiling NAMD with Intel Compiler

From: Florian Blanc (blanc.flori_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2017 - 12:34:06 CDT

Dear Victor and Josh,

Thank you for your replies. As per Victor's advice I commented out the
"simd assert" line in the Settle.C file. As expected, the "loop was not
vectorized" error does not appear anymore during compilation. However,
compilation is still unsuccessful as I get a "Fatal Error by charmc" at
the very last stage of NAMD compilation. Before this, several "undefined
reference to `__builtin_ia32_loadupd' " (or similar) are printed,
referring to Settle.C and also to ComputeNonbondedTabEnergies.C,
ComputeNonbondedPProf.C, ComputeNonbondedLES.C, ComputeNonbondedTI.C,
ComputeNonbondedGo.C, ComputeNonbondedFEP.C, ComputeNonbondedStd.C and
ComputeMsm.C.

Although it is not a KNL system, I also tried several versions of the
compiler as suggested by Josh (2016 and 2014) but got the same error. I
have no idea what's going on. I don't know if the problem can come from
an imperfect compilation of charmrun, but if so note that the
compilation and run of the "megatest" program for charmrun were
successful. Any leads ?

Thanks again,

Florian