excluding ions based on mass

From: Olya Kravchenko (ovkrav_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2017 - 14:38:44 CDT

Hi all,

I want to use mass as condition to push ions away from my tagged ion during
PMF calculations. Would this be correct if I specify the mass the following
way:

if { [getmass] != 22.9898 || [getmass] != 35.4500 } {
      dropatom ; #exclude SOD and CLA
      continue
    }

I.e. if I were to use mass exactly as indicated in psf file, will namd
recognize these ions?

I am asking because in one of the tutorials the mass is specified this way:

[getmass] < 35 || [getmass] > 40

i.e. without equating it to precise numbers.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/science/forces/forces-tutorial-html/node3.html#SECTION00031000000000000000

(in the concentrateIonsBrief.tcl script)

Thanks in advance!!