AW: NAMD-2.12 CUDA2 and PMECUDA problems

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2017 - 02:13:41 CDT

Yes, it is the nightly build. It's weird that I get such a backtrace during the CUDA initialization already and nobody seems to have encountered the same. I also get similar errors for GBIS with 2.11, where CUDA acceleration has been changed for implicit solvent.

If I disable useCUDA2 some of the systems run for a while, but most of them crash later with e.g. segfault or by instability. Sometimes also lot's of margin warnings occur inbetween. There's must still be a bug somewhere in the new CUDA kernels.