Re: Setting up softcore parameters for FEP

From: John Green (john.green.jr1982_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2017 - 11:38:37 CDT

Thank you very much. Let's focus on electrostatic coupling for a moment.
Let's say:
alchVdwLambdaEnd 1.0
alchElecLambdaStart 0.5

So according to the formula you mentioned we have :

elec_couple=max(0,2*lambda-1)
lambda=0 --> elec_couple=0 , elec_decouple=1
lambda=0.5 --> elec_couple=0 , elec_decouple=1
ambda=1 --> elec_couple=1 , elec_decouple=0

So both decoupling and coupling happen between lambda (0.5 to 1). But the
left figure in this page shows that decoupling happens at the first half (0
to 0.5)

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/2.10b1/ug/node61.html

Did I miss something here?

Best,