Re: Defining custom Colvars to measure pmf with Umbrella Sampling

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2017 - 09:15:21 CDT

Hello Hemanth, Brian's suggestion was both useful and pretty clearly
explained:

1) apply a bias to a variable that is already implemented and you're sure
of its definition;
2) extract a PMF by WHAM or other method along the collective variable
"number of Hemanth's waters", where the definition and computation is
entirely under your control.

Applying a harmonic restraint and measuring a probabilistic PMF do not need
to be done on the same variable.

Giacomo

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 2:34 AM, Hemanth Vemuri <hemanthvemuri1997_at_gmail.com

--
Giacomo Fiorin
http://goo.gl/Q3TBQU