Re: Questions on implementing new collective variable in colvars.

From: Jérôme Hénin (jerome.henin_at_ibpc.fr)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2017 - 10:32:23 CDT

Hi,

There are many possible strategies.

1) writing a new C++ derived class of "colvarcomp".

2) writing a separate C code and calling it through a Tcl scripted variable
(may or may not give a significant performance improvement).

3) Depending on your specific variable, you might get good results with the
new expression parser that uses the Lepton library.
Check out the latest colvars and NAMD codes, and see "custom functions" in
the documentation.

Jerome