Fwd: colvars to restrain peptide close to lipid

From: Chitrak Gupta (chgupta_at_mix.wvu.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2017 - 17:22:37 CDT

Oops, forgot to reply to the group.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chitrak Gupta <chgupta_at_mix.wvu.edu>
Date: Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 6:22 PM
Subject: Re: namd-l: colvars to restrain peptide close to lipid
To: Jeff Comer <jeffcomer_at_gmail.com>

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the help. Yes, indeed, my box dimensions are 128A in the
Z-dimension.

However, I was expecting that the restraint would be on the distanceZ that
I defined. The colvar is defined as the distance between the "main" and the
"ref", so shouldn't that be independent of the box dimension? Or am I
missing something here?

Chitrak.