Re: Error : components of colvar "alpha" does not support system force calculation

From: Jérôme Hénin (jerome.henin_at_ibpc.fr)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2017 - 07:06:36 CDT

Hi Souvik,

The combination of extendedLagrangian and ABF- that is, eABF - is not
considered experimental anymore. You'll find more tests and explanations
about it in these articles:
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acs.jpcb.6b10055
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acs.jctc.6b00447

For that, I would recommend the latest version of the colvars module, that
is, at least that of NAMD 2.12.

You can also use this coordinate in other biasing methods, such as US and
metadynamics.

Best,
Jerome