Re: Running IMD with TMD (domain restraints)

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 04 2017 - 08:36:46 CST

Hi Steven, you could tweak the TMD feature to set a constant restraint
potential, but this is more cleanly done through Colvars, by setting one
RMSD collective variable and applying a constant harmonic restraint on it.
For multiple domains, simply define a distinct RMSD variable for each.

You can easily adapt the following to remove the time-dependent options:
https://github.com/colvars/colvars/blob/master/examples/05_targeted_MD.colvars.in?raw=true

To drag a domain onto an EM map, you should also consider the
MDFF/gridForces feature. Manual dock is great for demonstrations, but I
presume you'll want you results peer-reviewed eventually.

Giacomo

--
Giacomo Fiorin
Associate Professor of Research