Re: NAMD Energies

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 14 2016 - 13:53:02 CST

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 2:47 PM, Giacomo Fiorin <giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> Second question. When I use the NAMD Energy plugin in VMD on a dcd file,
>> the electrostatic energy is a bit different from that reported in the namd
>> log file (about 10% different).
>

> How about the kinetic energy? Velocities are absent in a DCD trajectory
> file.

Apologies, I hadn't noticed that you referred to electrostatic energy.

Keep in mind that cutoffs and PME grid spacings that the plugin sets may be
different from the ones you set in your own NAMD input.

--
Giacomo Fiorin
Associate Professor of Research
Institute for Computational Molecular Science (ICMS)
College of Science and Technology, Temple University
1925 North 12th Street (035-07), Room 704D
Philadelphia, PA 19122-1801
Phone: +1-215-204-4213 <(215)%20204-4213>