Re: selectively assign HIE or HID for HIS residues

From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Tue Dec 06 2016 - 11:03:38 CST

Also, if these names are in the input PDB, you can avoid the aliasing step altogether. So if for instance you were to use VMD to rename those residues:

set hsdsel [atomselect top "resname HIS and resid 57 91 99 100 165 241"]
$hsdsel set resname HSD
set hsesel [atomselect top "resname HIS and resid 37 170 233"]
$hsesel set resname HSE
set allsel [atomselect top "all"]
$allsel writepdb xxx.pdb

you could then remove those pdbalias lines.

-Josh