Re: NAMD2.12b1 and CUDA

From: Jim Phillips (jim_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 10 2016 - 16:20:31 CST

Hi Jeff,

You can recompile NAMD with 3.0, but nothing earlier. That the Linux
binaries are compiled for only 3.5 was an oversight as the Windows and Mac
binaries do support 3.0. I've added this to CVS so a nightly build binary
will be available tomorrow that should work on your GTX 770.

FYI, you get a more informative error message for pre-3.0 GPUs.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Jim