Re: Tcl clock

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 05 2016 - 10:58:47 CDT

I'm not familiar with the specifics of the "clock" function, but the reason
why many Tcl built-in procs are not supported by the interpreter in NAMD is
that some of them broke its portability. See e.g. the old Catamount
operating system of theCray XT3.

Chris: have you guys at UIUC considered adding to the NAMD User's Guide a
list of Tcl commands that are not supported / known to break?

This would be very useful, especially considered that VMD supports them,
causing some confusion.

Giacomo

--
Giacomo Fiorin