AW: NAMD Question: Generating ensemble of structures

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Wed Aug 31 2016 - 01:29:49 CDT

Hi Oscar,

while NAMD can’t explicitly write PDB trajectories (series of coordinates), the resulting DCD files can easily be converted using e.g. VMD and a small TCL script (or even the GUI for only 10 structures). Also NAMD is able to write PDB format coordinates files at the end of a simulation (usually used as restart for continuing runs (needs “binaryoutput no”).

Btw, if you want to perform MD on a protein, you might be interested in the new QwikMD plugin available in vmd-1.9.3b1, since it helps you setting up simulations via GUI and run it directly out of VMD. (You’d just need to install a SMP version of namd, easily downloadable and precompiled). Additionally such a superimposition you mentioned can be done also in VMD very easy, using the “RMSD Trajectory Tool”