Re: LJcorrection option in NAMD

From: Jérôme Hénin (jerome.henin_at_ibpc.fr)
Date: Tue Jun 21 2016 - 09:48:12 CDT

Brian, thanks for outlining those issues, in particular missing docs. I
can't recommend enough that the docs be updated at the same time as the
features themselves. It's vital for users of development versions, and it's
the best time to do it as a developer as well - not least, it removes the
risk that some things never get documented at all, like the WCA features.

Interactions with the pressure control, both through the kinetic pressure
term for vanishing atoms (an issue you mentioned earlier) or long-range
corrections, are among the subtleties that make it so complicated to
maintain a solid alchemy code. Phrases like "should work more or less ok
now" are pretty worrying for a user to read. They are also a reminder that
we lack test cases for this code.

I know that you need to get some science done, but I hope you can find some
time to clean up the existing code, and build tests to ensure its
robustness.

Jerome