Re: Adsorption energy of protein in vacuum

From: Ana Celia Vila Verde (acavilaverde_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat May 21 2016 - 04:17:54 CDT

Dear Madhulika,

I don't think there's anything in principle wrong with your NAMD
simulations in vaccuum. It is to be expected that the adsorption energy
of a protein onto a surface in the absence of solvent should be very
different from that calculated in the presence of solvent (even when
using the same force field).

I hope this helps,

Ana