Re: TIP4P water with flexible bonds

From: Jeff Comer (jeffcomer_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed May 18 2016 - 17:03:53 CDT

Hi Katy,

I believe TIP4P is intended to be used with rigid bonds. With flexible
bonds its properties may not be correct.

For instance, the dielectric constant of TIP3P water with rigid bonds is
around 100, while with flexible bonds it's about 170. I imagine you might
see some similar changes in properties with TIP4P.

Jeff

Jeffrey Comer, PhD
Assistant Professor
Institute of Computational Comparative Medicine
Nanotechnology Innovation Center of Kansas State
Kansas State University
Office: P-213 Mosier Hall
Phone: 785-532-6311
Website: http://jeffcomer.us