Re: water box and padding

From: Brian Radak (bradak_at_anl.gov)
Date: Mon May 02 2016 - 09:54:43 CDT

That's unfortunately a highly subjective request. There is no definitive
answer that I could speak of.

Some fairly objective experience - reducing the cutoff and switch
distance while using an LJcorrection can give ~10% speedup without
statistically changing NpT quantities, at least for small water boxes. I
couldn't say what this will do for heterogenous protein and/or membrane
systems (there have been some papers on this in the last decade or so).

HTH,
Brian

--
Brian Radak