Running a test simulation using GPU only (without any CPU core)

From: Sourav Ray (souravray90_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 28 2016 - 09:40:00 CDT

Hello

Is there any way I can use the NAMD-CUDA version to run simulations without
using any of the CPU cores and restricting the simulation to only GPU unit?
I tried the following command:

NAMD_2.11_Linux-x86_64-multicore-CUDA/namd2 +p0 +devices 0 test.conf >
test.log

It doesn't work and putting +p0 shows the following error:

pthread_create: Resource temporarily unavailable
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Please let me know if there is a workaround.

Thanks and regards
Sourav