Re: Why wrapped and unwrapped trajectories show different energies over the time?

From: Brian Radak (bradak_at_anl.gov)
Date: Sun Apr 24 2016 - 09:03:07 CDT

Are you looking at the total potential energy or the actual total =
potential + kinetic energy? The kinetic energy can jump substantially
(~1 kcal/mol) upon restart, even if velocities are not written (try
multiple run commands in the same script).

If the potential is changing, then the kinetic energy is almost
certainly not the problem. I just wanted to bring up the kinetic energy
again because no one has yet been able to explain that to me.

Cheers,
Brian