Re: AW: AW: AW: why does the transition seem to be irreversible in aMD

From: Brian Radak (bradak_at_anl.gov)
Date: Tue Apr 05 2016 - 09:42:27 CDT

Just my 2 cents:

I think you've hit upon the primary weakness of aMD; it's often too
blunt of a sampling tool, especially in dual boost mode. It also might
not be especially controversial to say that it is not a useful tool for
sampling association/dissociation.

If you have two distinct states that you know you are interested in,
then it is almost assuredly more useful and expedient to employ a more
specific biasing coordinate.

Regards,
Brian

--