Re: PBC in lipid bilayer: receptor vs. ligand

From: R. Charbel MAROUN (charbel.maroun_at_inserm.fr)
Date: Thu Jan 28 2016 - 11:59:14 CST

Absolutely right. It wasn't a problem of writing or reading the dcd
file. But, thing is, to be "fair" ;-), I'd have to do an unwrap for the
lipids too. So:
> set cell
{76.105133 86.859406 165.689102 90.000000 90.000000 90.000000}
> pbc set {76.105133 86.859406 165.689102 90.000000 90.000000 90.000000}
> -now
> pbc unwrap -sel protein
> pbc unwrap -sel "resname HME"
> pbc unwrap -sel lipids

When doing that, protein, HME and lipid bi-layer get shifted in the
plane of the membrane with respect to the water bi-layer. When
unwrapping protein and ligand, both get shifted with respect to lipids
and solvent. Guess can't have it all :-(.

Cheers and thanx.

---
R. Charbel MAROUN, Ph.D., H.D.R.
UMR-S INSERM U1204/UEVE