Re: Which namd to use

From: Jim Phillips (jim_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 20 2015 - 08:02:36 CST

The MPI version you have been building should work, and with replicas you
probably won't see much of a performance difference.

Who made your IB cards? They may now be supported directly, either in the
released binaries or with a recompilation.

The requirement for replicas is mpi, verbs, netlrts, or gni, so in your
case you would want (copying from the release notes):

Build and test the Charm++/Converse library (InfiniBand version):
   cd charm-6.7.0-pre
   ./build charm++ verbs-linux-x86_64 --with-production
   cd verbs-linux-x86_64/tests/charm++/megatest
   make pgm
   ./charmrun ++mpiexec +p4 ./pgm (uses mpiexec to launch processes)

   ./config Linux-x86_64-g++ --charm-arch verbs-linux-x86_64
   cd Linux-x86_64-g++
   make (or gmake -j4, which should run faster)

If you have Intel compilers use those (verbs-linux-x86_64-iccstatic and
Linux-x86_64-icc).

Jim