Re: LJ Parameters on hydrogen for TIP4P water models

From: Shayon Bhattacharya (shayon.bhattacharya_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 29 2015 - 14:04:44 CDT

Hi Peter,

Very reassuring to have that response from you, and the link to the paper - I was thinking along the same lines. Thank you! Since I have already run a few simulations using your tip4 parameter file and Jordi Faraudo's tip4p/2005 par file, I don't really want to start all over again by revamping the parameters. Though you have pointed out that hydrogen vdw parameters are the least of my problems, do you think having a small value on hydrogen epsilon or Rmin/2 will significantly affect simulation results as opposed to keeping them as zeroes?

Also the MacKerell group has a Kb value of 0 for bond OT LP, whereas you used 450 for the bond stretching force constant for the dummy atom with oxygen - same value as for HT OT force constant. How does it matter?

Thank you again in advance.

cheers,
Shayon