Re: string method in NAMD 2.10

From: Chris Chipot (chipot_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 22 2015 - 10:26:53 CDT

Jerome,

you might find it useful to check out the tutorials at
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/. We have released a new
tutorial on the string method
with swarms of trajectories, which can be downloaded from there. Once
you have a converged string, the tutorial also proposes a route to compute
the free-energy change along it. Feel free to try the tutorial out and
give us
some feedback, as I am sure, it is perfectible.

Cheers,

Chris Chipot

On 9/22/15 8:05 AM, Jerome Karp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the helpful information! I'm surprised there doesn't seem
> to be a script included with the release - I wonder if it's there but
> I can't find it - but anyway I think this will help me get started in
> implementing the algorithm.
>
> Thanks again!
> - Jerry Karp
>
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 6:31 AM, Thomas Evangelidis <tevang3_at_gmail.com
> <mailto:tevang3_at_gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> ​And this:

Chris Chipot, Ph.D.
3047 Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology
405 North Mathews
Urbana, Illinois 61801                            Phone: (217) 244-5493
                              E-mail: chipot_at_ks.uiuc.edu
                                      Christophe.Chipot_at_Univ-Lorraine.fr
                              Web:    http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~chipot
                                      http://www.edam.uhp-nancy.fr
      It is hard for France to maintain a thirty-five-hour workweek when
      China and India have invented a thirty-five-hour workday.
                                                      Thomas L. Friedman