Re: Problem with iron ion (FE2+)

From: Tristan Croll (tristan.croll_at_qut.edu.au)
Date: Tue Aug 25 2015 - 03:56:51 CDT

In general, the parameterisation of multivalent metal ions in CHARMM still seems quite poor - the strength of interactions with negatively charged groups is far too strong. It's an interesting exercise to play around with a magnesium-ATP complex in implicit solvent - you'll find you can get it to stably contort into all sorts of "interesting" arrangements.