Re: Simulated Annealing with many frequent restarts

From: Francesco Pietra (chiendarret_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri May 01 2015 - 01:21:28 CDT

Hi:
1) I was just wondering whether to post a similar question, on a broader
basis. In general, for a classical MD, restarting on a large cluster means
(correct me if I am wrong) restarting with a different distribution of the
system along the various nodes. Should the aim be of investigating how the
system develops, is there a real continuity from one run to another one?

2) A non secondary problem is that using many nodes makes the queue longer,
with certain clusters too long. So that many tens of restarting runs become
necessary.

3) It has become common to have "accelerators" on the nodes, GPUs of Phi.
I suspect this exacerbates the problems at (1).

Thanks

francesco pietra