Re: Re: Problems to parametrize molecules

From: Mayne, Christopher G (cmayne2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 24 2015 - 14:22:55 CDT

There's a better (and easier) way than manually manipulating the data. I did miss one little part of my script that is required if you don't have chain/segname information in your PDB. Here's the easiest workflow, which is a minor modification to my previous one:

1) For some reason the resname in the topology definition provided in the CGenFF program (formerly ParamChem) renames the residue to the filename, not the resname in the MOL2. Modify the topology resname to UNK (i.e. matches the MOL2).

2) create a PDB from the MOL2,
mol new b_list.mol2
set sel [atomselect top all]
$sel writepdb b_list.pdb
$sel delete

3) use PSFGEN to create the file pair
package require psfgen
resetpsf
psfcontext reset
topology top_all36_cgenff.rtf
topology b_list.str
segment L { first none; last none; pdb b_list.pdb }
coordpdb b_list.pdb L
regenerate angles dihedrals
writepsf b_list.psf

NOTE the addition of the "L" at the end of the "coordpdb b_list.pdb L" line. This matches the coordinates to the L segment, created above. If the L is missing, PSFGEN doesn't know where to use the coordinates. This was the minor mistake in the previous instructions.

Chris